Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Menu Items!

Here are a couple of new favorite dinner ideas here at our house:

  • Black Bean Tortilla Melt I made a few changes to the recipe. First I added a lot more taco seasoning (maybe as much as 1/2 a package). We decided to skip the salsa and instead top them with sour cream and fresh avocado! I also squeezed a bit of the lime juice over the avocados to keep them from going brown. Last time, I added a bit of ground beef to them and that was pretty good.


  • Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs This is the best marinade recipe, ever! The flavor is just so nice! I have an abundance of honey, so I was glad to find a recipe to use it in. I did use it for kabobs, but I don't see why it couldn't be used on bigger pieces of chicken also. For the kabobs, I skipped the peppers because we are not big pepper-lovers. I instead added whole mushrooms to the marinade and they were fabulous! As I put the meat, onions and mushrooms on the skewers, I also put on canned whole potatoes. They are so yummy when the get crispy on the outside. The only problem I had with the recipe is how to keep it from sticking to the grill. Any suggestions?

I hope you enjoy these recipes. Let me know how they turn out!

3 comments:

Sean and Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie said...

Hi Guys,
I linked through Julies blog. We sure do miss you guys. I know Darren really liked hanging out with Lincoln. You look like you are doing well. Mel I love your hair, it is so cute!! I cant believe how big your boys are. And your baby girl is so sweet.
-The Watsons

dlkenney said...

Melissa,
This is Daphne (cousin). I enjoyed the kabobs. If you would like to link to my blog send me an email, because it is private. daphnekenney@msn.com

Your kids are adorable.