- Zippy Shrimp Linguine *
- Grilled Chicken BBQ Wraps *
- BLTs on baguette rolls
- Steak (Petite Sirloin on sale)
- Grilled Pork Chops and Pineapple
- Crunchy Chicken Tenders with Apricot Dipping Sauce
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I try to make FHE special by only making treats on Monday nights. Here is the recipe I made this week:
All of the recipes with a * are new recipes. I don't like making the same things over and over, so I am always looking for new recipes to try. Occasionally the new recipes become family favorites that I will add to my list of staples.So now you're wondering which of these new recipes were worth fixing again and which were just OK. Here it is...
The Zippy Shrimp Linguine was fabulous. I would give it four stars! It was quite tasty and pretty healthy and the kids ate it up. The best part was that the zucchini and the basil came right from our garden! The other great thing about this dish is that it shows my progression as a cook. When we were first married, everything I made came from a box or a can. Now I make more things from scratch and even from my own garden!
The Grilled Chicken BBQ Wraps were pretty tasty, but a little fussy to make. First you grill the chicken and then you make the wraps, which are then grilled. My DH loved the grilled flavor on the tortillas, but the kids barely nibbled on theirs, so I'd give this dish 2.5 stars.
The Chocolate Yummies were divine! We ended up feeding the missionaries Monday night and they loved them so much that each had two and asked to take more home! I also served the pulled-pork sandwiches that night and the missionaries loved those too! I love making pulled pork sandwiches because the crock pot does all the work. I put an inexpensive pork roast in the crock pot in the morning on low and just let it cook all day. Sometimes I add sliced onions for some extra flavor (but I never tell the kids when I do!). Just before dinner, I pulled the roast out and shred it. Then I put it back in the crock pot and add our favorite BBQ sauce and keep it warm until I'm ready to serve it up on buns. So easy and not very expensive!
So there you have it! A peek into what I feed my little fam! If you try the recipes, let me know what you think.
3 comments:
Did the shrimp come from your own shrimp pond too?
Cute blog! I have a crazy fascination with what people actually cook for dinner every night, so that was fun to read.
I didn't know you guys had a garden. My second fascination this year is hearing about people's gardens.
It was fun to see you, too. Oh, it would be so fun to be neighbors.
Thank you! I've been feeling the dinner time blahs, so I'm excited to try some of your ideas! Maybe I'll get my act together and start planning my meals again!
Post a Comment