Tonight I wanted to make something easy for dinner, so I resorted to a family favorite:
Parmesan Bow-Tie Skillet
It's so easy to make and super tasty. Probably not the healthiest, but I did serve it with broccoli! And I used part-skim ricotta cheese. You could maybe substitute cottage cheese, but I really prefer the texture and flavor of ricotta. Tonight I used mini bow-ties (or farfalle piccolini, if you want to be authentic) instead of the regular size. I liked the mini bow-ties because they were easier for the boys to pick up with their forks.
So just how kid-pleasing was this dish? Both boys cleaned their plates! OK, well they're not the pickiest eaters anyway, but this was something they really enjoyed eating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yum! I think I'll try that soon. We are pasta fanatics. I've never seen the mini bow ties, though. Where do you get them?
Here's one Lincoln would probably like. It's great if you have fresh tomatoes:
Bow tie pasta
Cubed mozzarella
Sliced tomatoes
Olive oil
balsamic vinegar
Basil, fresh or dried
salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta, then rinse with cold water until it's cooled off. Drain really well. I blot them with paper towels.
Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar until coated really well. You can add more of either depending on how much of a balsamic vinegar taste you like.
Sprinkle in a good amount of basil and salt and pepper to taste. Add tomatoes and cheese until there's a good even amount of pasta, tomatoes, and cheese.
Sorry I don't have amounts. Jake made this up on his mission. Everyone we make it for really loves it.
Yum! Looks good! I am always interested in finding new recipes in hopes of finding something Lauren will eat!
I found the mini bow-ties at my Walmart. They are Barilla barnd.
Mmm - balsamic vinegar...
Thanks Stacy - I'll have to have my wife try it. I love balsamic vinegar. I bet if you can buffalo mozzarella balls it would be really good with them
Post a Comment