- Confetti Corned Beef Hash (I must confess that I leave out the green peppers! That is a taste that, even though I'm technically a grown-up*, I have yet to acquire.)

- Reuben Paninis I'm actually making these tonight. I had my sweetheart cut some thin slices of corned beef last night (the electric knife worked nicely for this!). I'm going to put the corned beef slices on some dark rye bread with provolone cheese slices, sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing. Then I'm going to grill them in my panini maker. So easy! If you don't have a panini maker, a George Foreman grill works fairly well.
By the way, I forgot to get thousand island dressing, but it is easy to make: mix together 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
*Funny story: A couple of weeks ago, at Mutual, I was making sure all the young women had a ride home. Some of the girls were in the gym with the boys when I checked to make sure they had a way home. While I was in there, one of the 16-year-old boys said to me, "Wait, you're a leader? I thought you were one of the girls! How old are you?" I told him and he said he would have guessed 12. I don't even look date-worthy and yet I have three kids!
But there is a silver lining: one of my girls said "Wow! You're young!" So maybe she thinks I'm just a bit cooler 'cuz I'm still in my 20s! One other upside to having a baby face? When I'm 40, I'll just be starting to look like I'm in my 20s! Maybe Lil' Miss and I will look like sisters!
2 comments:
You always did attract the young ones. Enjoy being youthful for as long as it lasts. Love you lots and lots.
Mom
Stop being so creative. You are making the rest of us look bad!
Post a Comment