I love to make holidays special and fun for my kiddos and St. Patrick's Day is an excellent holiday to have a little fun! My mother-in-law always did fun stuff on St Patty's Day and my husband has requested that I follow some of the same traditions. So here's the menu for dinner tomorrow:
- Corned Beef
- Boiled Cabbage
- Shamrock Jell-O Jigglers (these are creamy)
- Green Rolls
- Green Punch (Lime sherbet in Sprite)
I cook my corned beef in my slow cooker with enough water to cover it. I usually don't add the spice packet because the fam doesn't care for the flavor it adds.
The roll recipe I've linked to is a great one for the bread maker! It is a family favorite! I just add green food coloring to the ingredients at the beginning. When the dough is done, you form three small balls for each roll and put the balls in a muffin cup. They end up looking like a shamrock. This trick comes from my mother-in-law.
I think I may play some leprechaun tricks on my kids. This blog had a fun idea I may try! I also might make a craft tonight with the kids for FHE. This one looked fun!
1 comment:
We had guacamole on our chicken sandwiches. Does that count? Nice to see/hear you are an Ingrid Michaelson fan.
Post a Comment