Friday, May 25, 2012

My Dancing Queen

172

This year was Lil’ Miss’ first year of taking dance.  Sometimes she would fully participate and sometimes not.  When she felt like it, I was amazed at how well she could remember and perform the dances she was learning. 

129

Last night was her dance recital and I was anxious to see what she would do.  When she was feeling “shy” (her word) in class, she would just sit on the floor with her fingers in her mouth.  I was worried that she would would feel “shy” onstage and would sit there while all her friends danced.

Turns out she is a true performer!  She did a wonderful job, despite the recital being outside in less than ideal weather!

Mickey Mouse’s Birthday Party

(She’s third from the right)

She even was able to keep going during her other dance when she lost her hair bow!

128

All year she has been looking forward to getting a trophy. 

148

She was quite delighted to get a rose from her dad!

 

P.S. Here’s how little sister spent the recital:

The rhythm always gets her!

3 comments:

Jewel-e said...

Oh my goodness! I can hardly stand the cuteness of these pics! Good job Lil Miss - you did a great job!

Larkin said...

I second Jewele's comment... So cute.
P.S. In the second video I kept wondering who the guy sitting next to Libby was. Then I realized he was my brother. You look awesome Lincoln. I going to have to start working on my swelling around my stomach as well.

Alison and Troy said...

How fun! i LOVE the costume and the big grin on her face at the end
1