So, I celebrated a birthday over the weekend and I just have to tell you that I am spoiled! First thing on my birthday, I had to go to a meeting for church, which was totally worth it because when I got home the house was tidied up and decorated in pink streamers and balloons. On the counter were pink and white roses and there was a special guest of honor birthday badge for me to wear! It was Barbie and I LOVE Barbie!
Later I had an eye appointment, which wasn’t super fun, but after that I got to go shopping all by myself!
When I got home, Lincoln went and got me an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. When the Babe saw it, she wanted it so badly that she bawled when we put it in the freezer to save to eat after dinner. As for dinner, we went as a family to Wingers because I just love their sticky fingers. (I’ve been craving them for awhile.) The kids were even pretty good a the restaurant!
After dinner we came home and ate the cake, which was divine! And I didn’t even tell you about my awesome birthday present from my sweet husband! Meet Lucy:
I don’t know why I feel compelled to name this machine, but it just seems to fit! I can’t wait to whip up some goodies in this bad-girl!
It was a good birthday. I may just have another one next year!
4 comments:
I'm glad you got spoiled cuz you deserve it! Lucy is lovely. Happy Birthday!
Way to go, Lincoln! Glad you had a nice day, Mel! I agree with Ahren - you most definitely deserve it! And I think you are going to LOVE Lucy!!! Happy baking!
"You have some 'esplainin' to do Lucy!" Happy Birthday! I took notes, thanks Lincoln.
What a fun birthday! Lucy looks great. We haven't named ours but now I'm thinking we need to. Besides the obvious of cookies my favorite thing to make is pizza dough. The recipe is from Eric's Mom. It's quicker than the bread maker since you don't have to let it rise really(although it helps if you give it 20 min...just enough time to get out all your toppings ready). We do make-your-own-pizza a lot. Here's the recipe. It takes somewhere around 10-15 min to cook but could be more depending on toppings.
3 cups flour
1 cup 2 tbsp (not hot) water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
plop of butter (about 1-2 tbsp)
packet of yeast
Post a Comment